Saturday 6 July 2013

It is all about other

During growth group this week I had a revelation.  Nothing new, just something that became clearer to me.  Christianity our call, our way is all about other.  Primarily it is about God and our personal relationship with him.

We must
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and all you strength....
We are firstly called to deny ourselves, all our selfish whimsies and wishes, dreams and desires, focus on Our Lord.  Love God, Love God, Love God.

Secondly, we then partially express this in Love of our neighbour
.... Love you neighbour as yourself.
Most of us focus on the love thy neighbour part, because it is easier it understand, tangible and more visible.  We ignore the more import part about Love of God with ALL our being.


If we wish to truly be Christian, if we truly want to be witnesses in this ungodly world, we need to take this on board.  When we love God with all our might then we can be beacons of light in a sin filled world.  We must take up our cross's deny our selves, deny our personal passions and appetites and live for God, live for others.  Love God, Love others.

Lord wash away my self,
give me the courage and strength to turn to you
to Love you with all my power.
Give me the will to focus on you always,
to be with you always.

Change my pride into humility,
my selfishness to love.

Help me to constantly turn to you, and when I fail, when I am distracted remind me of my sin, that I can return to you.