Sunday 7 July 2013

I am a sinner, I am fallen

I am a sinner, I am fallen, I am no better than anybody else.   I am in no position to judge or condemn, the alcoholic, the violent, the prostitute, those living in same sex relationships.

I too am fallen, I am no better than anybody else.

I am called to love them, love them as I love myself.   

I have to admit I find it hard, it is easy to judge to condemn.  I find society's acceptance and encouragement of same sex relations abhorrent.  But the people in those relationships are just that, people, fallen like me and loved by God like me. I am called to love them, the very people I those actions I have difficulty with. 

Love the sinner, hate the sin.

God give me grace to love those around me who sin, give me grace to forgive them, as you forgive them.

God give me grace to love you better, in that becoming a beacon for your love I might draw them to you, so that they can change their ways.