Tuesday 25 June 2013

Mortal vs Venial Sin

Before I made a real commitment to Christ I had a light conscience.  My sin rarely bothered me.  When having to confess I struggled to even remember my faults.

Now, after I have made a real commented to Christ. Now that I have started to Practice the presence of God, as often and as hard as I might try there is a change.  I feel when I have sinned, immediately, I know when I have done wrong.  I am embarrassed and exposed in front of Christ.

Some actions and just that embarrassing, I apologise and put them behind me, my beloved Lord immediately forgets.

Others actions place a barrier between myself and Christ, cutting me off.  Stopping me from Practising the presence of God.  An awful cloud, like a very bad destructive atmosphere between myself and our Lord.  When I feel like this the only solution will be to attend the sacrament of confession.

The feeling generated by Mortal sin is a real deterrent.