Saturday 14 September 2013

The Church is bad?


This speech only came to my attention yesterday.

When I heard it I could not but feel Mr Fry has a real point.  He is in essence right, although I am not sure if he is correct on all the details.  The Catholic Church is not an influence for good in the world,  it is like a child at school whose report reads tries hard, but could do better, a lot better.

Unless we address our faults, as individuals and as a community we will continue to do Christ a disservice.  We must be more like Christ.  You and I MUST be and bring Christ into the world.

"...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa..."
  I must change.  You must change.  Together we must change the world and the Church, so that when Christ walks through the door he does not weep, or suffer righteous indignation.

Let us pray for the Pope and all Christian ministers to help us ensure the Church reflects Christ's Love.

It seems his Holiness is addressing some of the issues Mr Fry talks about.
Pope Francis: Church too focused on gays and abortion