Tuesday 1 March 2011

My dilemma


Usually I sleep the sleep of the just.
 
However last night 28th February 2011, I lay awake troubled by what I heard and read in the media. I tossed and turned, I tried to pray, I could neither read nor listen to the radio as my soul was so troubled.  Why was this? It was because  Lord Justice Munby and Mr Justice Beatson ruled that laws protecting people from discrimination because of their sexual orientation "should take precedence" over the right not to be discriminated against on religious grounds.

In UK law this case is a landmark decision, as senior judges ruled so decisively against any idea that attitudes might be justified purely because they were Christian in origin.
Significantly, the court said that while there was a right not to face discrimination on the basis on either religion or sexual orientation, equality of sexual orientation took precedence.
What I perceive that today in this country is that immoral life styles take precedence over Christian lifestyles.

What action can I take?
How should I respond?

See